In-home services provide support for older adults who need services to maintain independent living.Contact Information
Aging Information Specialists
(888) 214-4404 - toll free
Contact Aging Information
What in-home services are available through the Johnson County Area Agency on Aging?
• Assessment –an in-home meeting with a potential client to determine needs for services to support independent living and develop a plan to address needs.
• Attendant Care – supervision or assistance with bathing, hair washing, shaving, dressing, toileting, medication, eating or transferring.
• Chore – heavy housework
• Geriatric Care Management
• Homemaker – light housekeeping, laundry, meal preparation and shopping
• Medication Management – weekly a registered nurse sets up medications, orders medication, monitors medication use and contacts the physician to resolve any issues related to medications
• Respite Care – temporary relief of caregiving responsibilities for primary caregivers.
How do I qualify for in-home services?
An assessment is completed to determine if there are service needs that can be met by services provided by the AAA or other community-based service providers. The assessment will include evaluation of problems that limit activities carried out in everyday life. For example, arthritis may make it difficult or impossible to vacuum, do laundry, or get in and out of the bathtub. The assessor will also determine if there is a funding source available through the AAA to assist with the cost of services.
How much do in-home services cost?
The cost varies based on the type of service and the availability of a funding source to pay for services in whole or in part.
There is no charge for assessment and care management services.
Who provides the service?
The AAA contracts with community-based service agencies to provide services such as homemaking, attendant care, chore or medication management and respite care services. The AAA provides the assessment, geriatric care management and meals available through the Johnson County Meals on Wheels program.